Victory Bible Camp is actively seeking a Camp Program Manager.
The Program Support Staff member is responsible to organize, implement and maintain a superior quality for all camps, conferences and retreats sponsored directly by Victory Bible Camps.
All staff members of Victory Ministries of Alaska will have the same primary purpose: to help connect people of all ages with God through the ministry of Christian camping and conference retreats. Each staff member is therefore expected to:
• Honor God through serving our guests with excellence that exceeds expectations
• Serve in a manner that consistently demonstrates the joy of a God centered life
• Partner with churches and other Christians to promote how God is working through Victory Ministries of Alaska
• Act as a deputized fundraiser for the ministry. The required monthly amount will be agreed upon with the Camp Director and Executive Director
This position’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintaining communication with the Program director regarding all planned and ongoing program activities and events
2. Supervision of specific camp leaders during summer/winter programming
3. Recruiting, training, and general oversight of all summer staff
4. Developing and implementing the orientation/training week for summer staff
5. Developing and implementing a leadership development ministry to enrich and train all summer staff
6. Assist in theme development for all VBC sponsored camps, conferences and retreats. This includes development of the curriculum as well as promotional materials.
7. Assist with publications and marketing as needed, which may include
a. Designing informational brochures to promote and inform the public about Victory Ministries of Alaska
b. Updating and managing all social media outlets as communication tools (Facebook, Twitter)
c. Coordinating pictures for the ministry website
8. Assist with A/V needs, which may include coordinating: videos, pictures, display boards, and other visuals
9. General involvement with program activities for all VBC sponsored camps, conferences and retreats
10. Assist in developing and maintaining follow-up programs for all VBC sponsored camps, conferences and retreats
11. Maintaining certifications as needed in the program department (i.e. First Responder, Riflery, Archery, Lifeguard, Climbing Wall)
12. Developing relationships with pastors and churches in Anchorage and the Matsu Valley to continually evaluate our ministry effectiveness
13. Maintains an attitude which is willing to go beyond all circumstances to assure relationships with people are in proper perspective
Helping in other ministry areas when there is a need.